The Cleveland Tree Plan, released in 2015, provided recommendations and actions to (1) recognize trees as critical infrastructure; (2) reverse the trend in canopy loss; and (3) assume full stewardship of the tree infrastructure in the City of Cleveland.
This 2020 Tree Canopy Progress Report is a supplement to the Cleveland Tree Plan that:
- Reviews progress in implementing the 2015 Cleveland Tree Plan.
- Utilizes the 2019 Cuyahoga County Urban Tree Canopy Assessment data to evaluate the current state of Cleveland’s urban forest and highlight changes in tree canopy between 2011 and 2017.
- Updates calculations on the benefits of Cleveland’s urban forest based on the most recent models and research.
- Updates the socio-economic and public health framework for neighborhood canopy action.
- Provides new recommendations to help reverse the canopy loss trend in Cleveland.